Bread Pudding with Custard Sauce
6-8 slices of bread
raisins, mix fruits, walnuts or almonds
2-3 tablespoon sugar
butter or margarine
1 capful vanilla essence
evaporated milk (optional)**
1. Butter the bread and cut into halves (2 triangles)
2. Layer the bread, and sprinkle the raisins, mixed fruits,
walnuts or almonds onto a baking tray or casserole
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until dissolve and milk to about one bowl full. Add in the the vanilla
essence to taste.
4. Pour the mixture over the bread and leave to soak for 15-20 minutes(depending on dryness of bread)
** Add more evaporated milk onto the mixture if the bread is still dry after soaking.
5. Bake in a microwave oven on High for 15-17minutes or in preheated conventional oven 375F (175C) for about
20 minutes or until cooked.
6. Serve with custard sauce.
2 cups milk
3-4 tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons corn or tapioca starch
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. In saucepan, combine all ingredients except the vanilla essence
2. Heat over a slow fire constantly sitrring for 15- 20 minutes until the mixture thickens
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla essence. Cool and serve.