This is the long awaited recipe from my mum that everyone's been asking for! So now here you have it and do try your hands at them:-
1. Tapioca/Starch flour 280 gm
2. Plain flour 280 gm (wet)
3. Sugar 228 gm
4. Gula Melaka 450 gm
5. Lye water (alkaline) 2 teaspoonfuls
6. Water 560 gm and 450 gm
7. Pandan leaves 3 to 4 blades
8. Grated coconut (without skin) 200 grams
1. Mix and boil the water(560 gm), sugar, gula melaka and pandan leaves until they melt.
2. Sieve the mixture when cool.
3. Mix the tapioca/starch flour and plain flour with water(450 gm) and combine the mixture from
Step 1, before finally adding in lye water and stiring thoroughly.
4. Pour the final mixture into moulds and steam for 15 min.
5. Allow mixture to cool and solidify.
Remove the kueh from the mould and coat with grated coconut to serve. Sedap sekali yah?
Friday, July 14, 2006
Ooooh.... isn't it cute? It's so adorable and would put a smile on anyone's face when looking at it. Received this cute picture in my e-mail from a good friend, Nancy(Sandi's Mum). I couldn't help laughing when looking at it, just want to hug and cuddle this cute little fellow. So now if you want to destress or make yourself happy, just come and check out this cutie here in my blog.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Had this sudden craving for Egg Skin Popiah, this is one of my mummy's specialities! Hmmmm.... think I would call mum later to ask her to have Egg Skin Popiah on Sunday when we have our family gathering. Poor mum would have to stand by the stove to do her Egg Skin Popiah piece by pieces! Drool.... drool... drool...